How to make Chocolate, Almond Butter and Vanilla Protein Cake
POSTED: 10th May 2017
It’s Coeliac awareness week and we teamed up with the Lovely Ruth from nutritiously naughty to bring you some Gluten Free treats! Ruth makes amazing gluten free Recipes on her blog and Instagram and we couldn’t be happier with her Chocolate, Almond butter & Vanilla protein cake made using our Vegan protein powder.
The recipe is not only Gluten free but refined sugar free, dairy free and low FODMAP, so really we wonder how this amazing cake exists! Make sure to give it a go and let us know what you think of these guilt free gluten free cakes.
75g melted coconut oil
90ml maple syrup
260ml unsweetened almond milk
3 large eggs
100g smooth almond butter
95g ground almonds
60g vegan vanilla protein powder
80g cacao powder
35g buckwheat flour
40g rice flour
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
50g dairy & refined sugar free dark chocolate, roughly chopped
For the chocolate frosting:
90g coconut oil (soft, not melted)
25g vegan vanilla protein powder
25g cacao powder
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp cacao nibs
● Preheat the oven to 160oc and lightly grease and line a square brownie tin with greaseproof paper (mine measures 7x7 inches)
● Mix the protein powder, baking powder, cacao, buckwheat flour and rice flour together in a large bowl
● Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, eggs and almond butter to a blender or food processor and pulse 2-3 times until the mixture is smooth
● Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and combine until you are left with a smooth batter
● Stir through the roughly chopped chocolate then pour the batter into the lined brownie tin
● Bake for 30-40 minutes until the cake has risen and a skewer comes out clean
● Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before moving it to a cooling rack
● When the cake has cooled you can prepare the frosting
● Simply whisk all the ingredients together until thick and creamy (the longer you do this the creamier it will be)
● Spread the frosting over the top of the cooled cake then sprinkle over the cacao nibsCut the cake into squares before storing them in an airtight container
Be sure to visit her site to view more recipes like this :
BERRY BLISS BALLS
POSTED: 2nd June 2017
If you're looking to up your protein intake but still venturing in to the land of powders then these Berry Bliss Balls by @_hannaeats of https://hannah-eats.com/ are the perfect option. They are ideal as a pre or post workout snack and can be made in advance with 0 cooking!
3 WAYS TO JAZZ UP YOUR MORNING OATS
POSTED: 16ST January 2017
Just take one look at her Instagram feed and it will come as no surprise that Ayten from EatNourishLove is our absolute favourite when it comes to all things breakfast. She is a queen when it comes to jazzing up the morning oats into something that not only looks good, but tastes good and is even better for you.
She is all about clean, healthy food- that nourish your body with all the nutrients you deserve. She takes simple foods and turns them into something worth waking up for
6 TIPS I LEARNT FROM RUNNING MY FIRST EVER MARATHON!
POSTED: 16TH February 2017
Emma Kirk-Odunubi is a 23 year old fitness and self-confessed gym machine, who loves to share her tips and tricks in the fitness world for us all to read on her incredibly helpful blog.. She has over 8 years worth of experience in the sports retail industry making custom running insoles and selling running shoes- and is in the middle of training for her second marathon.
After completing her first, she learnt some very important tips and has joined forces with us to teach them all to you- and to start amping up her training- you can see her review of our Pre-Workout here..
EXERCISE AND MENTAL HEALTH AND WHY WE SHOULD TACKLE OUR FEELINGS
POSTED: 16TH January 2017
With Mental Health Month nearly closing to an end, we teamed up with Personal Trainer Dan and Mental Health Blogger Richard to speak about their personal experience with Mental Illness and how exercise has helped them.
Dan Smullen is a personal trainer from Dublin, has been in the industry for over 9 years and has a Bsc. In Sport Science- and blogs at http://bloke.ie
FOOD AND FITNESS INFLUENCER MAXINE FROM SUNSHINE AND WAFFLES CREATES THE MOST HEART EYE EMOJI HEALTHY RECIPES ON HER INSTAGRAM PAGE THAT WILL JUST MAKE YOU WANT TO GO BACK FOR MORE AND MORE
POSTED: 16ST January 2017
We challenged her to create her tastiest recipe using our Oats and she did not disappoint.Her Protein Cookie gets a 10/10 from us.
Check out more of her recipes at